- When is the next auction?
- All On-Line Auctions end every Monday and Tuesday. Excluding holidays. We no longer have live auctions. Everything is now auctioned On-line.
- Is the auction open to the public or do you have to be a dealer?
- Our auctions are open to the public and you do not have to be a dealer.
- Do I need a separate bidder number for my company than my personal bidder number?
- Yes, we suggest having an individual bidder number for personal purchases and a Company bidder number when purchasing for your company. This will make record keeping easier for you, the customer, when purchasing items for business use.
- How long does it take to receive a bidder number?
- We will call and verify the information you submitted within 24-48 hours. You will receive your bidder number and password by email the same day. If you did not receive the email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
- If I lost my bidder number or password what do I do?
- On our home page you will see a button to register for online auctions. Click that button and when the new page comes up, look under the title George Gideon Auctioneers. Click on the option to recover your bidder number and password. Once you submit the email address you registered with, you will receive an email reply with your bidder number and password. If you do not see it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
- How can I update my phone number or profile information?
- On our home page you will see a button to register for online auctions. Click that button, when the new page comes up look under the title George Gideon Auctioneers. Click on Update Bidder Profile. The page will look the same as when you originally registered.
- Where do I sign in with my bidder number and password?
- Our website is open to the public. There is no need to sign in with a bidder number or password. The only time you will use a bidder number and password is when you submit a bid.
- How long do I have to pay for my invoice?
- You must pay your invoice within 3 business days from the end of the auction at our Zellwood office; 2753 N. Hwy. 441, Zellwood, Fl. 32798 from 9am to 3pm (See our location map)
- Do you take debit, credit card or money orders?
- No, we do not take debit, credit cards or money orders. We only accept cash, checks (business or personal) accompanied with a bank letter for guarantee payment, or cashier’s check accompanied with a bank letter stating the date the check was issued, payable to who, check number, and amount. (See terms and conditions.)
- What happens if I do not pay my invoice on time?
- You will be banned from all future sales.
- Can I send someone in to pay my invoice and pick my items up for me?
- Yes, however you must notify us in advance who will be paying and picking up the items on your behalf. If we are not notified, we will not accept payment or release the items.
- Do I have to pay sales tax on miscellaneous item?
- Yes, unless your company holds a valid sales tax certificate which must be provided prior to payment.
- Do I have to pay sales tax on a vehicle?
- Yes, you must pay tax unless you are a dealer. Dealers need to provide a dealer license and tax certificate prior to purchasing vehicles.
- What documents must I provide to be registered as a dealer?
- You must provide a copy of your dealer license, tax certificate and a copy of registration with Sunbiz showing that you are an Officer of the company. If you are an out of state dealer, we need a copy of Corporation papers showing you are an officer of the company.
- As a dealer how would I receive titles on vehicles I purchase?
- All dealers are charged a $10.00 mail fee so that titles can be mailed certified to the dealer address on file. (all titles are mailed)
- Can I purchase just a temp tag for the vehicle I won at auction?
- No, the only way to receive a temp tag is when purchasing a new tag or renewing an expired decal.
- If I pay for a title only on the vehicle I won at auction, what is the legal means to remove the vehicle from the property?
- If you do a title only, the vehicle must be removed from the property with two wheels on the ground. Meaning it must be towed by a tow truck, flat trailer or tow dolly. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Do I have to do title work with you?
- Yes, as a dealer we are required by law to process all title work on all vehicles we auction.
- Do I have to put a tag on the vehicle I won at auction?
- We do provide full tag and title work services. However, the minimum you must do is a title only. Just a reminder; if you request “title only” it must be towed off the property and you will not be able to drive the vehicle until you receive your title from the state. (normally a period 3-4 weeks)
- What do I need to bring to do title work?
- Every customer’s situation is different, so we suggest for you to take the time to call our Title Clerk and they will let you know what is needed.
- Are the fees for tag and title work included on the invoice?
- No, however, we offer a list of estimated tag and title fees on our website under the Terms section of our website.
- Can I tag and title the vehicle I won in someone else’s name?
- No, the tag and title work must be done under the name that appears on the invoice.
- Can I test drive a vehicle?
- No, we do not allow the vehicles to be test driven. On our website picture, video and a thorough description are listed on every vehicle sold. However, we do allow customers to check the keys out, one vehicle at a time, so they can start the vehicle and listen to the engine run.
- Can I open the hood or trunk of the vehicles?
- Please review the pictures posted online for that particular vehicle.
- Can I check out heavy equipment keys?
- No, however, one of our yard staffers will obtain the keys and start the heavy equipment vehicles for you.
- How can I consign items?
- Please send an email to email@example.com with as much detailed descriptions and any pictures of the item you wish to consign along with your contact information. Someone from our Sales department will contact you in a timely manner.
- What is a Buyer’s Premium?
- In Auctions, the buyer’s premiumis a percentage additional charge on top of the winning bid.
- How do I retract a bid?
- Please note that a bid cannot be altered or retracted in the last 24 hours of an Auction. If you need to retract a bid and it is prior to the 24 hour cut off, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email you have registered with your bidder number. You must include your bidder number and the lot number on the item that you are trying to have the bid retracted from.
- Can I enter a max bid?
- Yes, you can. You will enter the max bid and the system will bid in increments for you until either your max bid is reached, or the time runs out on the auction items.
- The auction was scheduled to close at 6pm but it did not close until after 6pm. Why?
- If anyone placed a bid in the last 3-5 minutes of the auction it will extend the auction an additional 5 minutes. It will continue to extend in 5-minute increments as long as there is active bidding going on.
- What are your hours of operations?
- We are open for Inspections; Monday – Friday from 9am -3:30pm, Cashier; Monday – Friday from 9am-3pm and our Title office; Tuesday – Friday from 9am-3pm (depending on the line from 2pm on you may be turned away and asked to return at another time).
- Can I walk the lot to look at items?
- Yes, we are open to the public.
- Is there someone who can help load my items into my vehicle?
- Our yard staff are only allowed to assist with loading using the forklift into a large box truck or an open trailer. They are not allowed to assist with hand loading or loading into small enclosed trailers.
- Can I plug items in to test them?
- I have noticed that Airport Lost and Found items are sealed in bags. Can I open them to inspect the items?
- No, the bags must remain sealed so that items are not lost, or damaged while being inspected, and they remain in the same condition for all or our customers to inspect.
- Must I take everything in the lot I purchased?
- You are responsible for the removal of all of your purchased items from the facility grounds. Any items left longer than 3 days at any location after the Auction ends will result in a $35 disposal fee. This fee must be paid to have your bidding number re-instated if you are in violation of leaving items at the Auction location longer than 3 days after the sale date.
- May I drive my vehicle in the facility compound?
- Yes, but, restricted to the concrete area only for customer purchase pick-up. All other no pavement areas are strictly off limits.
Register for Online Auctions
Click below to register for our Online Auctions
Registering automatically adds you to our mailing list
George Gideon Auctioneers, Inc.
Mailing: PO BOX 1179
Zellwood, FL 32798
Physical: 2753 N. HWY 441
Zellwood, FL 32798
(UPS & FedEx deliver to our physical address)
Facility Hours: 9am-4pm Monday-Friday
(office closes at 3pm)
Closed on holidays as posted